I haven’t updated you on my pregnancy, since week 30. There’s been a lot of things to update you all on. I am getting so big, it’s incredible to see my body changing so much! I got my first stretch marks on my stomach *insert sad face*. There’s about 3 on my stomach, it was bound to happen though! I keep lathering oil & lotion everyday, just to keep my belly moisturized.
I officially packed my hospital bag! AHHHHH! I have the majority of it packed & ready to go, including baby’s blankets, outfits, and bows! I just need the last items thrown in there (toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, contact solution & contacts, etc). Packing my bag made things SO REAL. It’s insane that my due date is exactly 4 weeks away! I’m hoping she comes a little earlier though 😉 We are just too excited to meet her, not to mention I’m very uncomfortable!
- Insomnia– Man, this one has been killer. Sleep is a luxury now! I cannot get comfortable to save my life! I’m usually up past midnight, and waking up every few hours tossing/turning. When people tell you “Oh, get all the sleep you can get before baby comes, because once baby is here… you won’t get any” Can I just vent & say that is a crock of shit?! Now that I’ve experienced pregnancy & am 36 weeks, that statement is a LIE. When you’re pregnant, you’re not sleeping peacefully! I honestly think it’s the body’s way to prepare for whats to come though. END RANT. Haha!
- Exhaustion– This one is a no brainer! Since I’m not getting a good night’s sleep, I have ZERO energy throughout the day. Sometimes I take naps but I try not to, so when night comes I hope I’ll just knock out. Hah! It’s a horrible cycle these past few weeks!
- Peeing all night– I’m up every hour or two, peeing. It’s like my first trimester all over again!
- Increase in aches & pains– Pregnancy is no joke! Eloise’s head is DOWN now, and I’m pretty sure my belly has dropped because I feel a lot of pressure on my bladder! Getting out of bed is hard, tying my shoes is nearly impossible, and putting on my jeans is painful.
- Braxton Hicks and Cramping– Sometimes I get cramps that feel like period cramps, but they don’t stay around for long periods of time. I was getting braxton hicks contractions a few weeks ago, but I haven’t felt one in awhile.
- Nesting– I’ve been nesting for weeks! It’s not an everyday thing, but I’ll get these random bursts of energy/feeling the urge to clean and organize. I’ve washed all of her clothes and blankets, I’ve organized her dresser, and I’ve been trying to keep my own room clean! I can’t wait to install her carseat and buy her stroller (the last things I need)!
I have the baby’s bassinet set up, her mamaroo ready, and some diapers bought! I think I’m as “ready” as I possibly can be. My twin sister gave birth almost 3 months ago, so she’s been my go-to person to ask for advice and comfort me when I’m feeling overwhelmed or really anxious.
I can’t wait to meet this little peanut. I’m feeling so many emotions these last few weeks of being pregnant! I’m going to do my best to savor these last moments because who knows if and when I’ll ever get pregnant again! I know one day I’ll miss my pregnant belly and her kicks!