I can’t believe I’m in my THIRD TRIMESTER! I am now 28 weeks pregnant & I can feel my body changing everyday. The baby is getting bigger, and so is my belly. I’d say my second trimester was awesome, especially having the amount of energy I had! But I noticed as soon as I was creeping closer to my third trimester, my energy levels shifted & lowered! Bummer. Back to being tired again.
Also, I’ve been having MAJOR pubic/pelvic pain. It hurts when I walk, it hurts when I try to change my pants, it hurts when I’m trying to change positions in bed. I know it’s all apart of my body adjusting and making room for baby + the added weight, but this part of pregnancy isn’t so “fun”. Speaking of weight gain, I’m on track! My midwife said I’m not gaining too much, which is awesome! I know I still have about 12 weeks left (give or take), so I’m hoping I stay within the healthy range of weight gain!
I did have my 1 hour glucose test, and I passed that- which was a huge relief! I do not want gestational diabetes, and the thought alone is terrifying! I did mention that I have anterior placenta, and I couldn’t really feel the baby strongly for the longest time! But once I hit around 24-25 weeks, BAM she started moving a lot! I’m feeling her move every night and morning now. I must say, it’s a pretty incredible feeling! It’s so surreal that MY baby is inside me, moving around. I still can’t fathom that I’m having a child! It’s an awesome feeling, and I’m so grateful I get to experience it. My body continues to surprise and amaze me with this pregnancy!
Now I’m just preparing for our baby to come! I am having my baby shower in early October, and I’m excited to celebrate with close family + friends. I hope to document the baby shower with lots of photos! I’ll make sure to have someone be the camera person, since I already know I’ll be super busy talking to everyone, and enjoying the evening. Anyway, if you’re curious what my second trimester favorites were- keep reading! Keep in mind, my pregnancy is super easy & I feel like I’ve been pretty low maintenance.
SECOND TRIMESTER FAVORITES:
1. pregnancy pillow- I HAVE THIS ONE.
2. comfy leggings/loungewear- THESE ONES. I need them in every color!
3. prenatal vitamins & add in some probiotics- MEGAFOOD PRENATALS, RAINBOW LIGHT PRENATALS, AND THESE PROBIOTICS. I have used all of these products & love them!
4. water tumbler- I couldn’t help myself & bought THIS ADORABLE ONE. You need to make sure you’re drinking a lot of water! It’s easier to have some sort of bottle to take with you everywhere.
5. comfy shoes for walking- Currently eyeing THESE or THESE!
6. Ina May’s guide to childbirth- THIS BOOK. I have so much anxiety/fear about giving birth & reading this book has truly helped with those fears! Even if you’re not expecting to give birth “all natural”, it’s still VERY helpful and eye-opening. I highly recommend reading this!
I hope this list does help you, if you’re currently pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant. I’m curious to see how my last trimester goes. I’m terribly nervous and anxious for the arrival of baby girl E. I’m sure these last 12 weeks are going to fly by! Until then, I’m going to soak up these LAST moments of being childless.