I meant to write this post awhile ago, but life has been very busy with moving to a new city and apartment. I have lots more boxes to unpack, but wanted to share my first trimester must haves! Mine will probably be different from other women’s because I did NOT have morning sickness or nausea (keep that in mind).
- Good prenatal vitamins. The day I found out I was pregnant I rushed to Target and chose Nature Made Prenatal Multi. I like them a lot! I know that some women get sick/nauseas from taking their prenatal vitamins, but I didn’t. They are inexpensive, too! I only bought the 90 capsules, and did not repurchase because I found these ones called Rainbow Light Prenatal One. Get a good prenatal that works for you!
- Make sure to buy good stretch mark lotions/oils! Although stretch marks are genetic, it’s good to moisturize and *try* to minimize them! I already have stretch marks on my thighs/side of my hips from gaining weight in the past. They are white now, but I still want to keep my stretching skin moisturized. For me, getting stretch marks on my stomach is probably inevitable! But my little sister bought me this oil called Mother’s Special Blend All Natural Skin Toning Oil. You can get it from amazon, but she got it from Whole Foods! I don’t love the way it smells, but it leaves your skin feeling VERY moisturized! I slather it on my thighs, stomach, and boobs! I also got this Palmer’s Cocoa Butter from Target! You can put the oil on first, then the lotion for extra moisture.
- Baby Center & What to Expect phone apps. It’s always fun to track pregnancy, to see how big your baby is getting and what it looks like. I was amazed with the growth and progress, and I loved reading about each new week with my boyfriend. Baby Center app has something called “birth club” and once you put your approximated due date, you’ll be able to talk to other expecting mamas about…. anything! If you have a question- post it, if you want to rant- post it! When I was feeling cramping in my first trimester, I was so worried but the ladies on there reassured me it was normal! It was just my uterus growing and my body making changes already (as long as you aren’t bleeding!) I highly recommend downloading them both!
- Fruit, lots of fruit. Like I mentioned, I was fortunate enough NOT to have morning sickness. I continued to have a great appetite and only had some food aversions (coffee and salads grossed me out). One thing that was strange and I never experienced was HUNGER PAINS & waking up starving. I had to make sure to eat every 2-3 hours or I’d feel like my stomach was empty (that’s the ONLY time I’d get nauseas). The best thing for me to snack on in-between meals? Fruit! I loved eating bananas, mangoes, strawberries and grapes the most! My body craved so much fruit and still does through my second trimester. YUM!
- Comfy pants/leggings. Crazy enough, my pants started getting uncomfortable during my first trimester! I literally couldn’t button my pants & SIT comfortably at week 10! I felt SO bloated and fat! So if you’re like me, just do yourself a favor and wear leggings. I kept trying to stuff my ass into my jeans & it was totally uncomfortable. I started wearing maternity jeans by week 12 or so.
- Pregnancy journal. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I went to TJ Maxx and bought a cute journal to write in, to document my pregnancy. I have been HORRIBLE keeping up with it, but I still jot down things going on in my life, symptoms, how I’m feeling, etc. I think it’ll be fun to look back on and read!
I felt great during my first trimester. I was just VERY exhausted! If you’re feeling tired, rest. Take naps & don’t feel bad about it! You’re literally growing a tiny human being. You deserve all the rest you can get, especially before baby comes. If you have nausea, I suggest Ginger Ale, Preggie pops, and lots of water to keep you hydrated!
Today, I am 17 weeks 4 days. A couple more weeks & I am HALFWAY through this pregnancy! Time is FLYING BY, it’s crazy. I get to do my anatomy scan at 20 weeks & hopefully it’s still a little girly 😉 I am excited and very anxious, I just want to make sure she is healthy!
Side note: I made a Poshmark, so check it out HERE. 🙂 Talk to you guys soon!